Bacon is delicious. Low-carb and keto friendly, this is how you can make a large batch of bacon in the oven – perfectly to your liking, every time! But first, we need to decide the temperature and cooking time.
Melts in your mouth
375°F / 190°C for 35-45 minutes
425°F / 220°C for 20-30 minutes
- bacon, preferably thick cut
- baking sheet
- aluminum foil
- an oven (duh)
- Preheat the oven to the desired temperature (see above for details)
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil in a way to prevent leakage of the bacon grease. It is a pain to clean, trust me.
- Lay your bacon flat on the foil about an 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart. This will allow it room to crisp evenly
- Place your bacon in the oven. The oven doesn’t have to be at the desired temprature, it’s okay if it is heating up.
- Bake the oven from 20-30 minutes if cooking on high heat, or 35-45 minutes if cooking on low heat. Make sure to watch the bacon for your desired brownness.
- Once the bacon is at your desired color, remove it from the oven.
- Line a plate with paper towels and move the bacon from the baking sheet onto this plate. This will absorb the extra grease of the bacon.
- OPTIONAL: Store the bacon grease that was rendered on the tray
- Carefully wrap up the aluminum foil off the baking sheet while the bacon cools off.
- Enjoy the deliciousness that is bacon!