Super simple, super delicious. The creaminess, sweetness, umami, and crunchiness all come together to create something that is infinitely better than it’s parts – even WITH one of those parts being bacon.
- Madjool Dates
- Goat Cheese
- Thick cut bacon
- Tooth picks
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil. This will yield a lot of bacon grease, so make sure you line it well so that you don’t experience spillage
- Butterfly the madjool date to remove the seed. Butterfly basically means to cut it almost in half so that it lays flat, but not so that you have two distinct pieces
- Fill the dates with goat cheese and set aside
- Cut your bacon slices in half
- Wrap each date with one of the 1/2 pieces you just cut
- Use a toothpick to hold the bacon in place and place on your baking sheet
- Place the dates into the over for 25-45 minutes, dependingon the level of brownness you desire
- Pull out, serve and enjoy.
- *TIP*:These can be made ahead of time and reheated. They’re best served warm, but hold really well at low temperatures so they are ideal for appetizers when hosting dinner guests!