I love pizza – who doesn’t? If you’re on a low carb or keto diet, Fathead pizza will save your soul. It’s 99.7% as close to real pizza you can get – it’s shockingly good. Seriously – try it. Gluten free, and low carb. So in this episode and recipe, I’ll show you how to make and meal prep fathead pizza so you can eat it all the time. If you don’t believe me when I say I love this pizza, go checkout IG @blacktiekitchen and tell me otherwise!
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 510g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 255g almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- Whatever toppings you want
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Plastic bag (if meal prepping)
- Rolling pin/wine bottle
- Preheat the oven to 425°F / 220°C
- Crack the eggs, add the salt, and scramble
- Add the eggs to the almond flour and mix
- Melt the cream cheese and the mozzarella cheese in a pan over medium heat or the microwave. If using a pan, constantly stir so that it does not burn. If using the microwave, heat for 30 second intervals, mix, and repeat.
- When the cheese is melted, turn off the heat and mix in the almond flour. Mix until it is well combined. If the cheese gets too stiff, put the pan on low, or microwave for 15 seconds – you want to avoid cooking the eggs.
- Once the dough is well mixed, cut into as many pizzas as you want. Grab a piece and lay it on a piece of parchment paper. Cover the dough with another piece of parchment paper, then shape the dough to your desired shape and thickness.
- Remove the top parchment paper and using a fork, poke the dough liberally to make holes throughout. This prevents the dough from creating a cheese balloon as it bakes.
- Place the dough with the parchment paper onto a baking sheet and into the oven for 12 minutes.
- While the dough parbakes, prepare your toppings.
- When the timer is up, remove the dough from the oven. Set it on a heat-safe surface or pad and add your toppings (I’m a fan of sour cream, black pepper, and cheese).
- Place the pizza back into the over for another 12 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, remove, and enjoy!