Cucumber Kimchi Salad is a classic Korean dish. It’s super simple to make, healthy, and pairs really well with just about anything!
- 1-2 English Cucumbers
- 1-2 tsp (3-6g) Gochugaru powder (or red pepper flakes)
- 2 tsp (8g) sugar/sugar substitute
- 1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) rice vinegar
- 1-2 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 – 1 tsp (5ml) fish sauce (optional)
- Mix the gochugaru, sugar, sesame oil, vinegar, and fish sauce in the bowl.
- Mince the garlic or mash it with your knife. Add it to the bowl and set the bowl aside to let the flavors mingle.
- Cut the cucumbers into 1/4 in to 1/2 inch cupes (~2 cm).
- Thinly slice the green onions.
- Add the cucumbers and green onions to the bowl and mix.
- Taste the salad and add salt as needed.
- Enjoy immediately or let sit for 10 minutes to let the flavors develop.