Watermelon Juice – sweet, refreshing, and surprisingly robust. Use it in cocktails, slushies, or just drink it straight! And here’s the catch – watermelon juice is simple to make fresh!
- 1/4 to 1/2 a watermelon
- large bowl
- fine sift, such as chinois strainer or cheese cloth
- blender/food processor
- bottles to store in
- Cut the red flesh from the watermelon and set aside the white and green rinds. You can use these to make candied watermelon rinds, but we won’t cover that in this video.
- Cut the red flesh into smaller pieces, about 1 inch by 1 inch cubes.
- Place the red stuff into a blender and pulse to create a pulp.
- Sift the juice into a large bowl using a funnel.
- You can then re-sift the juice into a bottle, but it’s not totally necessary.
TIP: Note: Half a watermelon will yield quite a bit of juice! Make sure you have enough bottles on hand. In my experience is it will yield about ~2 quarts per half