This classic Michelada – a staple of the hot summers in Mexico and the American Southwest. It’s refreshing, delicious, and simple to make. This classic Michelada does NOT take tomato juice or Clamato juice. There are tons of variations, especially by area, but this is the original, the OG, the basic, Michelada! Trust me when I say that you’d never think to mix hot sauce and beer, but will wish you’d known sooner!
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Mexican hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cold Mexican beer (such as Modelo)
- Lemon Juicer (optional)
- Spoon (optional)
- Juice the lime into your cup or a large container
- In a glass, add the hot sauce, the Worcestershire sauce, and the salt
- Add the lime juice and mix
- Add the ice
- Pour the beer into the glass
TIP: If you’re not a fan of spicy, reduce the hot sauce by half. It’s vital to the recipe, so don’t remove it completely!