It’s getting cold outside, so whether you have a sore throat or simply need to warm up from shoveling snow, the Hot Toddy is the perfect cocktail! Regardless of the legends of it’s origin, once this warm liquid hits your stomach, you won’t care much for anything other than feeling better inside and out!
- 14 oz hot water
- 2 oz whiskey
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 cloves
- Heat treat a glass by pouring hot water into it. Before you’reh ready to add your cocktail, dump the hot water.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the glass and add the whiskey.
- Add the honey and give it a quick mix.
- As you stir, add the hot water to the cocktail.
- Garnish a lime wheel with the cloves or simply add the cloves to the cocktail.
- Sprinkle nutmeg across the top to add flavor and aromatics.