Coquito is the equivalent of a Puerto Rican egg nog, except, it’s infinitely better. If you’ve ever had it, you understand. If you haven’t – you’ve been missing out on life! This traditional holiday cocktail can be consumed cold, with or without ice. So get the dominoes out and get the platanos into the hot oil, because it’s time to celebrate!
- 2½ cups of white rum
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk (~12 oz)
- ½ can coconut milk (~7 oz)
- ½ can coconut creme (~7 oz)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir until it’s mixed well.
- Taste and adjust to your flavor desires.
- Serve and enjoy! It’s best served chilled and the flavors get better after a few hours in the fridge!
TIP: Use a white rum for Coquito. Aged and dark rum clash with the overall flavor and inhibit the full potential!