The Classic Manhattan cocktail is a cocktail that every home bartender should know off the top of their head. It’s simple, it’s boozy, and it looks fancy – but it packs a punch. The Classic Manhattan is a drink that’s been modified into all sorts of concotions throught time and watered down as well – but this is the OG. If you dont like rye whiskey, switch it out for bourbon or regular whiskey. Play with the cocktail and learn what you like. Some like two dashes of bitters, some like three. Some people like a drop or two of luxardo cherry juice, which seemingly makes a different drink altogether! Try it, learn it, the Classic Manhattan. Now, go!
- 3/4 oz sweet vermouth
- 2 oz rye whiskey
- 2-3 dashes angostura aromatic bitters
- Coupe glass
- Shaker tin
- Bar spoon
- Boston Strainer
- Fill your coupe glass with ice and water. This is to get it nice and cold
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker cup and add the ice.
- stir for ~16 seconds
- Empty the ice from your coupe glass and shake any residue water out.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with Luxardo cherries or an orange twist!