How to make Simple Syrup. It’s called simple syrup for a reason – it’s simple – never buy the stuff at the store again. This recipe for how to make it will save you time AND money! Use it in cocktails, coffee, cakes, and more – it’s super versatile and will hold in your fridge for up to 4 weeks (I’ve had it go longer).
Just… make sure to put it in the fridge… or that’s how you get ants…
- Water, preferably distilled
- Bottle or class container with cap
- Funnel (optional)
- Scale (optional)
- Kettle (optional)
- Put 1.5 cups to heat in a kettle or a microwave. Doesn’t have to be boiling, just hot
- Measure out ~200 to 250g of sugar. Remember the actual mass you used **(If you dont have a scale, simply measure out 1 or 1.5 cups of sugar using a measuring cup)**
- Add the sugar to your bottle (use a funnel if necesssary)
- Put your bottle with the sugar back on the scale and tare it
- Add the same amount of hot water into the bottle as you did the sugar (Fun Fact, 1 mL of water is equal to 1g!)
- Cap the bottle and shake for 30 seconds to a minute. Let sit for a few minutes and it will become clear
- After it has cooled off, place in the fridge for up to 4 weeks!