This Sweet Potato Salad is an amazing warm weather dish! Refreshing, simple, and flavorful, it’s a recipe that won’t be forgotten by your guests – and trust me, they’ll ask for seconds!
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 6 oz Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a generous amount of salt to the water.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes. You can cut into smaller pieces, but they become too tender after cooking.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Take the sweet potatoes of out the water, drain, and set aside to cool in a large bowl.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, fry the bacon until it is crispy.
- In the meantime, dice 1 shallot.
- Remove the bacon from the pan once it is crispy. We are going to use some of the bacon grease to sweat the shallots (basically let the shallots cook at medium heat until they start to release moisture – it will appear as if they are ‘sweating’).
- Remove the shallots and combine with the sweet potatoes. Crumble the bacon into the sweet potatoes, add the Greek yogurt, and mix.
- Add salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
- Chill for at least 30-minutes to an hour, overnight works best.
- Garnish with chopped chives if you desire!