Cabbage is often saved for St Patrick’s to eat alongside corned beef. And although that’s an amazing pairing, cabbage is delicious on its own! In tacos, soups, and even cooked. This recipe is quick to make and a great recipe to cook if you have some left over cabbage from a previous meal!
- ½ red cabbage
- ½ white cabbage
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ white onion
- 1 tbsp kosher salt and to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- Cut the four slices of bacon and start crisping on the stovetop.
- Chop your onion and set aside.
- Slice your cabbage into thing slices (similar to linguini). Salt and set aside.
- Once the bacon is crispy, if you have too much bacon grease, remove some. Then add the onions and let slightly brown.
- Add your cabbage, folding it into the back and the onions. Salt, pepper, and paprika your cabbage.
- Let sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then move to a baking dish.
- Add the sour cream to the top and spread across the cabbage.
- Add your mozzarella cheese on top. Optionally, spread some parmesan or pecorino romano across the top to add to the nice crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Let sit befor embarking on the volcano burns your mouth.
This Post Has 2 Comments
This looks pretty delicious. I have some extra white cabbage in the fridge and would be a shame to not use it. I hope the lack of purple cabbage won’t affect it too much. Thanks for the recipe.
Purple should work as well, but they ARE a bit heartier!