This Low-Carb Chocolate Pudding is made with… avocados! One of the stables of a low carb diet, avocados bring the consistency and the richness to the chocolate pudding. And don’t worry if they’re overly ripe – the avocado doesn’t need to look good because it’s going to get mixed with the chocolate. So if you have some avocados that are too ripe for guacamole, it’s time to make this delicious chocolate pudding!
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ premium cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp erythitrol
- 2 tbsp maple syrup alternative
- 2 tbsp whiskey/bourbon (optional)
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
For whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup confectioners erythitrol
- immersion blender
- plastic wrap
- little bowls
- Remove the inside of the avocado and add it to the blender.
- Add the cocoa powder, 2-3 tbsp of erythitrol, maple syrup, whiskey, espresso powder to the blender.
- Blend until fully combined and smooth.
- Remove the container and place into two serving bowls.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Remove from fridge, top with whipped cream, and serve.
To make the whipped cream:
- Add the heavy cream and ½ of erythitrol to a cup.
- Using your immersion blender, blend the mixture until the sound changes – or it turns into whipped cream.
- Top your pudding and sprinkle with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings for the final touch!