This recipe from Joanna Gaines’ recipe book, Magnolia Table is simple, flavorful, and tasty. Give it a try and buy the cookbook – everything in it is amazing!
- 3 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1½ cups soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp sparkling dessert wine (like Banﬁ Rosa Regale) or sparkling grape juice
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 chopped green onions plus more for topping
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 to 5 lb thinly sliced beef tenderloin, rib-eye, top sirloin or sirloin steak
- steamed white rice (for serving)
- sesame seeds (for serving)
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, soy sauce, wine, sesame oil, green onions, garlic and pepper.
- Slice beef tenerloin into thin slices and add to the mixture, coat completely. Cover and refrigerate 4-5 hours, overnight if possible.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Grill beef until medium-well, 3 to 5 minutes, ﬂipping halfway through. Do this on a grill or a cast iron pan. If you use teflon coated cookware, the cookware will be ruined. Trust me on this one…
- Toast sesame seeds to pour over the beef and top with green oniones. Serve with the cucumber kimchi salad and rice.