Miss Chinese fried rice? Miss no more! Cauliflower fried rice is just as good and absolutely delicious. The difficult is getting all the ingredients together before you start – which really, is whatever leftovers you have in your fridge. That’s the first beauty about Cauliflower Fried Rice – you’re getting rid of your leftovers. The second beauty you ask? Well, you’re basically just eating vegetables and you won’t even know it. I tested this recipe by three of my hardest critics – and they loved it!
- Cauliflower, about 1 head
- 4 eggs (or more)
- Half a white onion
- 2 green onions
- 8 oz frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- white pepper
- Prep all you ingredients.
- Place your cauliflower into a food processor and chop until they’re the size of rice granules. Don’t over process or you’ll end up with mashed cauliflower! Work in batches so as to not over process the cauliflower.
- Get your pan or wok ripping hot.
- Add some oil to your pan and cook the eggs first, scrambling them. Once they’re cooked, set aside.
- Add some sesame oil or canola oil and make sure it’s smoking hot.
- Add your onions and let them cook a little bit. It’s good if they get a little char.
- Add your garlic and watch it, making sure it doesn’t burn – keep mixing it.
- Add your ginger and keep mixing for about 30 seconds.
- Add the frozen vegetables and mix for a second, then let it cook.
- Add your cauliflower rice, soy sauce, fish sauce, and turmeric. Mix.
- Once it’s mostly mixed, mix in your eggs. Add a lot of white pepper and continue mixing. Feel free to add some red pepper at this point to add some heat!
- Let the cauliflower cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot. Don’t serve with chopsticks unless you’re a masochist.